12 Mar Wood Library’s Response to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Wood Library is a trusted resource for factual information about Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). We are supporting the Ontario County Public Health Office’s effort to inform the public about steps everyone can take to prepare for, contain, and mitigate the spread of the virus in our community.
Please be advised that if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms and do not feel well, you should not be in the library which is visited by hundreds of people daily. Here are the steps we are taking to reduce the spread of illness in the library:
1. Wiping surfaces daily, including handrails, door handles, drinking fountains, desks, and computer equipment.
2. For now, children’s toys and Read to Me sets (books with stuffed animals) will not be available.
3. Coffee service will be suspended.
4. Materials will be sanitized upon return.
5. Employees are following good hygiene practices by frequently washing hands and staying home when ill.
If you have questions about COVID-19, NYS has a hotline. Call 1-888-364-3065. You can also learn more information here.